Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment
Buying a new electrical or electronic item from us? We'll recycle the one the old one you’re replacing for free (on a like for like basis). All you need to do is bring the old electrical item in within 28 days, show us the receipt for its replacement and we’ll do the rest.
Or if you have an electrical item that you need to recycle, you can also find local recycling points for your old electricals here
- Recycling and reusing unwanted electrical or electronics can help save the planet, boost the economy and improve lives. Not only that, electrical and electronic equipment (EEE) contains materials, parts and substances which can be dangerous to the environment and harmful to human health if not disposed of correctly.
- Electrical and electronic equipment is now the fastest growing waste stream in the UK and across the world.
- Discover the impact of reusing and recycling your electricals here
WHAT CAN I RECYCLE?
- You’ll find WEEE recycling symbol on all of your electrical items. It is a reminder to recycle your old electricals, rather than putting them in the bin.
Here is what it looks like:
REDUCING WASTE ELECTRICALS?
- As part of our commitment to reducing the amount of unwanted electrical waste being incinerated or sent to landfill sites, we’ll recycle your old electricals free of charge when you buy new ones. Together we can stop precious resources from being lost forever, save lives and help protect the planet.
- Every year, along with our recycling scheme partners, we collect, reuse and recycle thousands of tonnes of old electrical and electronic equipment.
- We take all your old electricals to a recycling plant for processing and separate into individual materials, so they can be turned into new, more useful things.